The communication program at WSU Vancouver is offered in conjunction with WSU’s Edward R. Murrow College of Communication. The Murrow college is headquartered on the main WSU campus in Pullman.
Currently you may earn a minor in communication on the Vancouver campus. As new technologies reshape practices and techniques in communication, the communications minor, combined with your chosen major, may give you the edge you need to land a job in your field of interest. The communications minor is designed to enhance your abilities in written and oral communications skills, ability to work in groups and teams, interpersonal skills, and planning and problem-solving abilities.
Starting in Spring 2017, you can major in Integrated Strategic Communication, a degree offered by WSU’s Edward R. Murrow College of Communication.
Positioned at the intersection of advertising, public relations and corporate communication, this degree prepares students to become adept at problem solving through the creative use of ideas and messaging for brands and issues.
Upon successful completion of this program, students can expect to:
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge and understanding of communication concepts and issues
- Acquire and analyze information to address communication objectives
- Formulate and execute strategic plans and campaigns
- Create effective communication products across platforms
Courses in the program include:
- COM 101 Media and Society (3 cr)
- COM 105 Communication in Global Contexts (3 cr)
- COM 138 Communication Overview (1 cr)
- COM 210 Multimedia Content Creation (3 cr)
- COM 300 Writing in Communication (3 cr)
- COM 309 Quantitative Research Methods (3 cr)
- COMJOUR 333 Reporting Across Platforms (3 cr)
- COMSOC 301 Foundations of Persuasion (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 310 Digital Content Promotion (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 312 Principles of Public Relations (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 380 Advertising Principles and Practices (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 383 Creative Media Strategies and Techniques (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 476 Consumer Insights and Branding (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 485 Communication Campaigns and Management (3 cr)
- COMSTRAT 495 Internship (3 cr)