The Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics at WSU Vancouver has two tracks: actuarial science and business.
- The actuarial science track emphasizes financial math, with economics, business law and finance courses.
- The business track focuses on management information systems, with economics, communications and accounting courses, and flexibility to select from management, finance and marketing courses.
The degree requires the following:
- 10 credits in calculus and linear algebra
- 11 credits in lower-division fundamental computer science
- 9 credits in upper-division computer science with a data science focus
- 15 credits in statistics
- One philosophy course addressing the ethics of data analytics
In addition, all data analytics majors must complete a freshman-level survey of the field, and a senior, project-focused capstone course.