The Department of History offers three tracks to undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- General Studies Degree in the Humanities
- General Studies Degree in Social Sciences
The department also offers a formal minor in history and supports coursework toward certification in secondary education in history and social studies.
- Writing about history
- Seminar in history
- U.S. history
- European history
- Non-Western/global history
For details, see history in the college catalog.
Some graduate courses can be taken at WSU Vancouver. For information on the M.A. and Ph.D. in history, see Graduate Programs.
Beginning your studies
All WSU Vancouver students begin their study with our innovative signature program: The Roots of Contemporary Issues. This class examines today’s world through five overlapping themes:
- Humans and the environment
- Technology and connections
- Diverse ways of thinking
- Roots of contemporary conflicts