How to apply
You must be admitted to both the Graduate School and the M.P.A. program. Requirements include:
- Minimum B grade point average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of graded undergraduate work at an accredited college or university, or 3.5 for graduate-level work.
- Official reports of Graduate Record Examination scores. Quantiative minimum is 140, verbal minimum is 145 and analytical writing minimum is 4.0.
- “Statement of Intent,” two to three pages long, outlining academic and career objectives within your areas of proposed degree concentration.
- A resume listing employment and education histories.
- Three letters of recommendation addressing your potential for success in a graduate program. At least two letters must be from current or former professors or others specifically qualified to comment on your academic work.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attending (showing the awarding of the bachelor’s degree and completion of an approved undergraduate statistics course).
Applications are online only. On the General Application, indicate “Master of Public Affairs Program” and “Vancouver campus.” For details on what you will need to submit, see Graduate School Admissions.
When you send your materials to the graduate school, you may also send a copy to the following:
M.P.A. Program Coordinator
Washington State University Vancouver
14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98686-9600
In order for the application to be processed for priority registration, all of these materials must be received by the Graduate school and WSU Vancouver no later than Jan. 10 for fall semester, and July 1 for spring semester. Applications received after the priority deadlines may still be considered for admission.
Please contact the program assistant with questions regarding the public affairs and MPA programs: