Political science courses examine topics such as public law, public policy and administration, and comparative and international politics. You can tailor the program to meet your individual needs and career aspirations.
A concentration in political science can prepare you for a wide range of careers, such as government service, international affairs, law, teaching and journalism. Many graduates go on to earn advanced degrees.
In addition to academic course work, the Political Science program offers internships in many government agencies.
A bachelor’s degree in social sciences with a political science concentration will enable you to:
- Integrate knowledge from the arts, humanities, social science and the sciences and apply them to real life scenarios.
- Demonstrate the ability to search, select, analyze and use information to solve current societal challenges.
- Obtain, assimilate and use quantitative information in a variety of ways.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Realize the impact and importance to society of ethics, aesthetics and diversity.
For more information, contact Aaron Whelchel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-546-9578.