Once you have made contact with a WSU Vancouver faculty member about opportunities in their laboratory, all applicants must apply online to the Graduate School by January 10 for fall semester and by September 15 for spring semester. Foreign applicants should note the WSU Graduate School deadlines on the Application for Admission.
Our application process requires three steps.
Send an email to Marrissa Alexander, program assistant for the natural sciences graduate programs, listing your name, contact information, the program you will be applying to, and the faculty mentor you contacted about opportunities in their laboratory.
Applications are completed online. Apply directly to the WSU Graduate School. Please follow instructions carefully.
M.S. in Environmental Science applicants:
You should select “Vancouver campus” when prompted for the location of your degree program.
All other applicants:
You should select “Pullman campus” but then be sure to mention the name of the WSU Vancouver faculty member(s) you are interested in working with in your personal statement. This will ensure that your application gets routed to WSU Vancouver for review.
Applications must include:
- Three letters of recommendation: submit letters online (follow instructions on the WSU Graduate School application page).
- GRE scores: required for international and domestic applicants. Have ETS send scores directly to the WSU Graduate School. WSU Institutional Code: 4705.
- TOEFL scores (international applicants only): official scores must be sent to the WSU Graduate School. WSU Institutional Code: 4705.
- Transcripts: must be sent directly to the WSU Graduate School (follow instructions on the WSU Graduate School application page).
- Supplemental applications (for select degrees): download the appropriate form, answer all questions, and submit directly to WSU Vancouver (see Step 3 below).
- Environmental Science, M.S. (PDF)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Ph.D. (PDF)
- Biology or Plant Biology, M.S. and Ph.D. (PDF)
For further questions or information about the online application process, please contact the WSU Graduate School.
Email the supplemental application form to Marrissa Alexander or mail a copy directly to WSU Vancouver:
College of Arts and Sciences
Washington State University Vancouver
14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98686
For more information about graduate programs at WSU Vancouver, contact Cheryl Schultz, program leader for natural sciences graduate programs.