All applicants must apply online to the WSU Graduate School by January 10. International students should note the additional WSU Graduate School Application Requirements.
Our application process requires three steps.
Step 1: Contact
Because graduate students work closely with faculty in pursuing their research, you must line up a faculty mentor prior to applying to the natural sciences graduate programs at WSU Vancouver.
Visit the faculty research pages for information on current faculty members and their research labs prior to contacting to discuss your research goals.
Step 2: Notify
Once a faculty mentor has invited you to study with their research lab, email the following information to the natural sciences graduate programs coordinator:
- Your name and contact information including address, email and telephone number;
- The name of the graduate program and degree you are applying to; and
- The name of the faculty mentor(s) you contacted.
Step 3: Apply to the WSU Graduate School
Complete the WSU Graduate School online application. Please follow instructions on this site carefully.
M.S. in Environmental Science applicants:
Select “Vancouver campus” when prompted for the location of your degree program. This is the only degree that allows you to select this location.
All other degree program applicants:
Select “Pullman campus” when prompted for the location of your degree program. Note the WSU Vancouver faculty member(s) you are interested in working with in the online personal statement. This will ensure your application is sent to WSU Vancouver for review.
Applications must include:
- Three letters of recommendation: follow instructions on the WSU Graduate School application page to submit letters online.
- TOEFL scores (international applicants only): official scores must be sent directly to the WSU Graduate School from the Educational Testing Service. WSU Institutional Code: 4705.
- Transcripts: follow instructions on the WSU Graduate School application page for submission requirements.
- Supplemental Application (required for select degrees): Complete the appropriate form and email to both the program coordinator and Cheryl Schultz, natural sciences graduate programs leader.