All applicants must apply online to the Graduate School by January 10. International students should note the additional WSU Graduate School Application Requirements.
Our application process requires four steps.
Step 1: Contact
The first step in the application process is to make contact with a faculty member working on the Vancouver campus to discuss your research goals. Because graduate students work closely with faculty in pursuing their research, you must line up a mentor before applying.
You can view the current Vancouver faculty and their research labs at the faculty research page.
Step 2: Notify
Send an email to Cheryl Schultz, program leader, firstname.lastname@example.org listing your name, contact information, the program you will be applying to, and the faculty mentor you contacted about opportunities in their laboratory.
Step 3: Apply
Applications are completed online. Apply directly to the WSU Graduate School. Please follow instructions carefully.
M.S. in Environmental Science applicants:
You should select “Vancouver campus” when prompted for the location of your degree program.
All other applicants:
You should select “Pullman campus”. Be sure to mention the name of the WSU Vancouver faculty member(s) you are interested in working with in your personal statement. This will ensure that your application gets routed to WSU Vancouver for review.
Applications must include:
- Three letters of recommendation: submit letters online (follow instructions on the WSU Graduate School application page).
- GRE scores: required for international and domestic applicants. Have ETS send scores directly to the WSU Graduate School. WSU Institutional Code: 4705.
- TOEFL scores (international applicants only): official scores must be sent directly to the WSU Graduate School from the Educational Testing Service. WSU Institutional Code: 4705.
- Transcripts: must be sent directly to the WSU Graduate School (follow instructions on the WSU Graduate School application page).
- Supplemental applications (for select degrees): download the appropriate form, answer all questions, and submit directly to WSU Vancouver (see Step 4 below).
- Environmental Science M.S. (PDF)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences Ph.D. (PDF)
- Biology or Plant Biology M.S. and Ph.D. (PDF)
For further questions or information about the online application process, please contact the WSU Graduate School.
Step 4: Follow Up
Email the supplemental application form to Cheryl Schultz, program leader, email@example.com or mail a copy directly to WSU Vancouver:
College of Arts and Sciences
Washington State University Vancouver
14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98686
For more information about graduate programs at WSU Vancouver or spring admission, contact Cheryl Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org, program leader for natural sciences graduate programs.