A place where writing is highly valued and loved.
The Writing Center can help you discover the myriad possibilities for your unique voice within the WSU Vancouver writing community. The center exists to create better writers in a cooperative learning environment.
How we work
Writing consultants are trained to work with WSU Vancouver student writers one-on-one and electronically via the Online Writing Lab (OWL). Consultants work with writers first to identify globally effective and ineffective parts of a paper. Global feedback is followed by feedback on specific issues, such as sentence construction, citation style, formatting and grammar. The writer and consultant will discuss action points to guide the writer in the important revision process.
In-person consultations are preferable. However, the Writing Center also provides an Online Writing Lab (OWL) for electronic submission of papers.
When we're available
- The WSU Vancouver Online Writing Lab (OWL) is open to respond to student writing between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Friday.
- Submissions posted during non-business hours will be reviewed the next business day.
- Due to increased volume, the Writing Center will respond only to submissions from a current WSU email address.
Submit a paper
To submit a paper online, simply email your paper and a description of the assignment in a Microsoft Word or rich-text format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall and spring hours
- Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, Closed
- Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Email us at email@example.com or call 360-546-9650
- Location: Library Building (VLIB), Room 203